June 2-July 18, 2014
- Sign up!
- Receive a sign up packet with a bookmark, calendar, activity booklet, reading log, and Bingo sheet.
- Earn a small prize from the treasure chest each time you complete a Bingo.
- Report your total reading at the end of the program. Top readers in each age group will receive a top reader "Paws to Read" t-shirt.
- Mesabi East is planning a special event in the Fall for elementary students who set and reach a reading goal.
- Enjoy story times, story clubs, special programs, and Discovery Table activities throughout the summer.
SCHEDULE OF CHILDREN'S EVENTS
All events are at the Aurora Public Library unless otherwise noted.
June 2--Summer reading program begins--but participants may sign up at any time throughout the program.
June 6, 11:00 am: "Paws to Read" preschool story time, followed by a small craft
June 9-13: Drop in and discover pets! Books and a small activity and craft will be available at the Discovery Table all week.
June 12, 6:00 pm: "Stubby the Elephant" play--presented by Climb Theater
June 17, 2:00 pm: "Paws to Read" elementary school-aged story club (books & a small craft)
June 19, 3:00 pm at the Aurora Community/Senior Center: KidStuff Program--presented by Jack Pearson, Mr. Song-Strummin' StoryMan
June 24, 2:00 pm: Iron Range History Players present "Cuyler and His Dog Una"
June 27, 11:00 am: "Puppies and Kitties" preschool story time, followed by a small craft
June 30-July 3: Drop in and discover "Tracking It Down!" Books and a small activity and craft will be available at the Discovery Table all week.
July 1, 2:30 pm: Animal Signs: Moving Beyond Tracks--presented by Lake Vermilion - Soudan Underground Mine State Park (songs, activities, and looking at animal artifacts).
July 3, 1:00-3:30 pm: Drop-in Craft: Puppy Christmas Ornament (while supplies last--a different craft will be substituted if supplies run out)
July 7-11: Drop in and discover: "Paws to Laugh!" Books and a small activity and craft will be available at the Discovery Table all week.
July 10, 2:00 pm: "Kids for Kids" concert--presented by the Northern Lights International Music Festival
July 15, 2:00 pm: "Animal Adventures" elementary school-aged story club (books & a small craft)
July 18, 10:00 am, at the Aurora Community/Senior Center: KidStuff program--presented by The Zinghoppers