Dig Into Reading:
A Children's Summer Reading Program
June 3-July 19, 2013
Sign up! Early-bird sign-ups will be done at the Storytelling/Summer Reading Program Sign-up Kick-off event (Thursday, May 23, 5:00-7:00 pm at the Mesabi East Commons). Regular sign-up at the library will start June 3; children can sign up at any point through the summer.
Earn points! New this summer: Choose to record either titles read, or time spent reading. One point will be earned for every picture book read (or read to a pre-reader) OR every 15 minutes spent reading OR every 25 pages of a chapter book read. Books do not need to be checked out from the library to earn points. You may choose to either bring your reading record home with you or to leave it at the library. You will earn additional points for coming to special programs, story times or story clubs, and doing Discovery Table activities.
Pick prizes! Every time you earn 10 points, you may choose a prize from either the book or the small incentives treasure chest. Your reading record must be present in order for you to claim a prize.
Enjoy programs! All events will be held at the Aurora Public Library unless otherwise noted.
- Minnesota Zoomobile: Tuesday, June 4, 1:00 pm at the Aurora Community/Senior Center
- Preschool Story Time: "Over in the Garden": Friday, June 7, 11:00 am
- School-aged Story Club: "Dig Into History: Ancient Greece and Egypt": Thursday, June 13, 1:30 pm
- School-aged Story Club: "Going Underground": Tuesday, June 18, 1:30 pm
- Preschool Story Time: "Diggers and Dumpers": Friday, June 21, 11:00 am
- Animals Underground: Presented by the Soudan Underground Mine State Park: Thursday, June 27, 1:30 pm
- "Make and Take Crafts": Wednesday, July 3, anytime between 1:00 and 4:00 pm
- Kids for Kids Northern Lights Music Festival Concert at the Library: Thursday, July 11, 1:00 pm
- School-aged Story Club:"Dig Into History: The Underground Railroad": Tuesday, July 16, 1:30 pm
- Preschool Story Time: "Dinosaurs": Friday, July 19, 11:00 am
- DINOSAURS: Presented by the Minnesota Science Museum: Wednesday, July 24, 3:00 pm at the Aurora Community/Senior Center